HTML Articulate player
Ever want to use Articulate on a device that doesn't support Flash, or maybe at a location which doesn't have good bandwidth? This solution offers you a way to do just that. Users will be able to view your content, including audio, in low bandwidth situations or in browsers that do not support Flash, like the iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc.
- Automatically adds HTML feature when/if you add PNGs of slides
- Automatically adds embedded audio if you include files
- Automatically switches to HTML if no flash is detected (and pngs are present)
- Notifies LMS when course is complete
- Bookmarks the course when the slide changes
- Slide Index toggles with Articulate outline panel setting
- Slide Notes/Script toggles with Articulate notes setting
- Uses HTML5 and degrades nicely for IE and other older browsers
Update: We've created another version of the HTML Articulate player which also supports video. You can check it out here
To enable the HTML Player:
- From the PowerPoint file for the course, select File > Save As...
- Change the name to "slides" and the filetype to PNG
- At the next prompt, click the "Every Slide" button
- This will create a folder titled "slides" which contains a PNG image for each slide of the presentation
- Move the slides folder into your published course folder (the same folder as player.html)
To add audio to the HTML Player:
- From the PowerPoint file for the course, open the Articulate > Audio Editor
- Select the Articulate icon > Export > MP3s
- Create a new folder called "audio" to export the audio files into
- Repeat steps 2 & 3, but export WAVs from the Articulate Audio Editor
Note: The HTML Player also supports OGG audio files.
To provide better compatibility with all browsers, we recommend having all three versions of audio (MP3, WAV, and OGG).
- Move the audio folder into your published course folder (the same folder as player.html)
Any videos in MP4 format embedded in Articulate will play automatically with the HTML Articulate Player with Video.
Watch the video below to see how it works:
Compatible with: Articulate Presenter '09